5-Year Express Limited Workmanship Warranty
- Limited Warranty Coverage:
Urban Trend Builders, LLC (UTB) warrants to the purchaser and all transferees of the structures to which products are installed and/or repairs are made as follows:
- Product Installation: UTB warrants the installation of products to be free from defects in workmanship from the date the installation of the product is completed for a period of 5 years of normal use. This workmanship warranty does not include any damages or defects in the product except to the extent solely caused by UTB’s installation of the product.
- Repairs: UTB warrants the repairs made to be free from defects in workmanship from the date the repair is completed for a period of 5 years of normal use. This workmanship warranty does not include any damages or defects in the products used to make the repair except to the extent solely caused by UTB’s installation of the product.
UTB will have the right to inspect the areas at issue to determine the cause of the alleged defects. If the defects are determined to be within the scope of the workmanship warranty, UTB will make the necessary repairs at UTB’s expense. UTB specifically does not warrant the installed products.
UTB’s repair of the defect SHALL BE THE SOLE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY available to the covered person or entity with respect to any defect. UTB will not refund or pay any costs in connection with repairs made by anyone other than UTB.
- Conditions of Warranty: UTB’s liability to the covered person or entity shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- a) The claimant must provide proof that they are the covered person/entity.
- b) The covered person/entity must provide written notice to UTB within 30 days after discovery of any claimed defect covered by this warranty and before beginning any permanent repair. The notice must describe the location and details of the defect and such information as is necessary for UTB to investigate the claim.
- c) Upon discovery of a possible defect, the covered person/entity must immediately, and at the covered person/entity’s expense provide for protection of all property that could be affected until the defect is remedied.
- Exclusions: This Warranty does not cover damage or defects resulting from or in any way attributable to (a) neglect, (b) misuse, (c) abuse, (d) repair or alteration made by anyone other than UTB (e) settlement or structural movement and/or movement of materials to which installed products are attached, (f) damage from incorrect design of the structure, (h) acts of God including, but not limited to, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, severe weather or natural phenomena, (including, but not limited to, unusual climate conditions), (i) lack of proper maintenance, (j) any cause other than workmanship defects attributable to UTB.
- Disclaimer: The statements in this Warranty constitute the only warranty extended by UTB for its workmanship. NO OTHER WARRANTY SHALL BE MADE BY OR ON BEHALF OF UTB.
- Settlement of Claim: Any repairs made by UTB pursuant to Section 1 of this document shall constitute a full settlement and release of all claims of any covered person/entity here under for damages or other relief and shall be a complete bar to any litigation filed subsequently to the covered person/entity’s acceptance of such an agreement.